Photobucket
HEY, WE'RE ON ITUNES. Click on our picture to subscribe!

HEY, WE'RE ALSO ON TWITTER! Follow us at www.twitter.com/rockonfootball OR JUST SCROLL DOWN!


CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF DOC AND TBONE? GO TO ROCKONFOOTBALL.LEXY.COM AND YOU CAN GET DAILY PODCASTS SENT TO YOUR EMAIL, OR PHONE!

NEED AN RSS FEED FOR YOUR PHONE, HERE IT IS: WWW.ROCKONFOOTBALL.PODBEAN.COM/FEED

TBONE'S GOD STUFF HAS MOVED!

For TBone's blog on living out Jesus's life to the full go to: www.tonyhoby.blogspot.com

October 14, 2010

YOU THINK WE'D BE BORED TO DEATH....WELL, MAYBE YOU ARE!

You may find this shocking, but this is not my full-time job. I know, crazy huh? But, I don't think the 13.34 we made last month from Ad-Sense would go very far to help pay the bills. In reality, I've got two kids, a wife, a substitute teaching job, volunteer at the homeless shelter, and a house that is falling apart. So then, whatever hours are left, I devote to fantasy football - way too many hours (ask my wife!). You'd think after a couple of months of preseason stuff and now analyzing games each week, we'd be sick of it. As I told my daughters this week, "No Way Jose!" (That's actually the name of a restaurant in Lombard, IL). I'm more excited than ever....and I'll try to give some better fantasy advice. Last week, I personally wrecked two guys weeks - Sorry! But I'm ready to redeem myself. So, email me your questions! Please, I know God forgives me, but I'd like to help someone out here! WEEK SIX....

SEAHAWKS AT BEARS
It was reported this week that Jay Cutler has had five concussions in his career - that's one more than the number Todd Collins caused me last week! I like Jay to come back strong here. Seattle is the fifth worst team against the QB and WR, so as long as he can see straight, Cutler should put up some numbers. However, the Bears did show they can actually run-block last week, so they might want to try that a few times. Did you know Matt Forte has had two games above 30 points this year.....and two below 4? I suspect you'll see more of a mean (my daughter Grace has been working on that in math) for the rest of the year. Less big or small, and more in the middle. As for the Seahawks, who cares? No, really, who cares? You don't know what to expect out of Marshawn Lynch yet, and only Ahmad Bradshaw has rushed for over 100 yards against the Beloved. However, I do wonder if John Carlson gets more targets with Deion Branch gone?
DOC'S PICK: BEARS / TBONE'S PICK: BEARS

DOLPHINS AT PACKERS
Brian Moise will be at this game! The only reason I bring that up is he may be one of the only people who read this thing! The Pack is real banged up. I'd be surprised if Aaron Rodgers doesn't play...and not only because Matt Flynn has 17 more passes than me in the NFL. He's a gamer, but without Finley I don't see a huge game for a guy coming off a concussion. Although he hasn't been great without one, maybe this is a good thing. I do know he'll have another one if Greg Jennings doesn't get the ball more. Reports are that he is frustrated, so look for a few more passes to come his way. And look for a whole bunch of passes to go Brandon Marshall's way. The Pack has been generous to receivers all year - Moss, Johnson and Knox all had big games. And, like I said, the Pack is banged up. You might even start Ronnie Brown (I've got him Rock Solid this week!!) and Ricky Williams in this one. Why not Chad Henne? You could probably do worse!
DOC'S PICK: PACKERS / TBONE'S PICK: DOLPHINS

CHARGERS AT RAMS
I love Sam Bradford! And hey, look who's back - Vincent Jackson. But not for about four or five weeks so don't get too excited. I was about to say Ryan Matthews was going off until I found out that the Rams have only given up 1 rushing touchdown this year. But, Norv has said he's the starter and should get the most carries. Here are two fascinating facts for you: 1) Phillip Rivers is tied with Peyton Manning for the #1 QB in fantasy. 2) Malcolm Floyd is the 4th best WR in fantasy. Crazy, huh? St. Louis does not have anyone in the Top Five, but did you know Danny Amendola has the 7th most targets of any Wide Receiver? The Chargers are ranked 2nd best against the receiver, but Bradford should look to Amendola or Laurent Robinson (shameless ISU plug) since his BFF is gone (that Bradford to Clayton bandwagon didn't last long, did it?)
DOC'S PICK: CHARGERS / TBONE'S PICK: CHARGERS

RAVENS AT PATRIOTS
Who is the world is Tom Brady going to throw to? I'm kind of interested to see what happens. The only guy I would start is Wes Welker, but it's not my team and I don't have any Patriots anyway, so you do whatever you want! Here's what worries me about Joe Flacco. Last week, the Ravens had 31 points....and NO passing touchdowns. They are still a running team. So, although the Pats have given up at least 2 passing touchdowns to each QB this year, I think Flacco is Shifty Sand. However, and this may sound crazy, but look for Anquan Boldin to go over his 8 yards from last week - like at least 72 yards and a touchdown more!
DOC'S PICK: PATRIOTS / TBONE'S PICK: PATRIOTS

SAINTS AT BUCANEERS
Did the New Orleans Saints really just sign Julius Jones or was that a bad dream? No offense Julius, we still love you! That is a shame because it probably means Thomas is still sitting at home on Sunday...and this is a nice match-up. The Bucs have given up 143 and 144 yards rushing the last two weeks. Could LaDell Betts break out? This may be his last chance because Reggie Bush may be back by next week. Speaking of being back, welcome Garret Hartley - he's back as the starting kicker! As for the Bucs, I love Mike Williams. Really, I've only seen one highlight (the touchdown from last week) and that has turned me into his biggest fan. But, the Saints are the stingiest team (I've been wanting to use the word "stingiest") against the WR. So, unless you think Cadillac can drive it home or Freeman can break free (Yeah, I just said that!), it's another Bucless Sunday.
DOC'S PICK: SAINTS / TBONE'S PICK: SAINTS

LIONS AT GIANTS
Pablo Sandoval could be a key in this series - oh wait, wrong Giants! Lot of points going to be scored in this one....by the Giants. Here comes Hakeem Nicks - the #1 WR in fantasy! Ahmad Bradshaw is healthy - he's Rock Solid! Eli Manning is Doc's pick to be a Top 10 QB this week - he's Rock Solid! And Kevin Boss may even get a score. But, can the Lions keep up? Their offense has been Rock Solid, but I believe in this "last two weeks" Giants D. Jahvid Best is still dealing with the toe, Calvin Johnson is a bit nicked up and Shaun Hill may wish Matthew Stafford was already back. However, Brandon Pettigrew has sneakily (Not a real word, don't use it in school kids!) been putting up numbers: 10,4,9,8 points for a TE - not bad!
DOC'S PICK: GIANTS / TBONE'S PICK: GIANTS

FALCONS AT EAGLES
Kevin Kolb enjoy! This could be your last time on the field for a while. Don't you kind of hope he has one of those 300 yard, 4 touchdown games so Andy Reid has to sweat it out a bit! I don't see it happening. In fact, I don't see big games for Maclin, McCoy or Jackson. Celek is an interesting play though. And for the future, Jerome Harrison could have some value on this team. One, LeSean is already hurt. Two, Harrison fits into what the Eagles do. Good move both GMs! Of course, you've got to love The Burner for Atlanta. The Eagles - not very good against the Running Back. And is it possible that with Michael Jenkins back, Roddy White is even better?
DOC'S PICK: FALCONS / TBONE'S PICK: EAGLES

BROWNS AT STEELERS
The first start for a quarterback that many of us fantasy players stored away on draft day and now can't wait to reap the rewards - Oh yeah, the Colt McCoy era has begun! And Big Ben is back too! Let's make this quick, unless you find out for sure Peyton Hillis is playing and very healthy and made a deal with the Steelers to take it easy on him, don't even think about a Brown. However, if Massaquoi ends up with some nice points during garbage time - you heard it here first! Now, for the Steelers, I like Hines Ward. Big Ben has more work with him, can trust him and the Browns have given up 7 TDs in 5 games to Receivers. Hines Ward has 8 against them in his career - the most against any opponent. Combine that with the fact that they haven't let a Running Back score a TD yet, and "The Sharder" only had 115 yards total last year against them - you get a 44 OUNCE WAGER with me taking Hines Ward over "The Sharder" Oh, and don't start Ben just yet!
DOC'S PICK: STEELERS / TBONE'S PICK: STEELERS

CHIEFS AT TEXANS
Hail Mary: Dwayne Bowe will have more than 10 fantasy points and I think I picked him to be a Top 5 WR this week. And God Bless Todd Hailey for saying all the right things after D "as in Drop" wayne Bowe had a tough game. I really think they go right back to him, and we all know - YOU CAN PASS ON THE TEXANS! Now running is not so easy, so I don't see Thomas Jones having a lot of carries; however with his ability to catch the ball I still think Jamaal Charles is Rock Solid! On the Texans side, Andre Johnson is healthy and had 142 yards against the Chiefs last year - Rock Solid. And please stop worrying about Matt Schaub (who can add another day to their life by worrying...or something like that, it's in the Bible, look it up!). Arian Foster though, why do I get the sneaky feeling that Derick Ward might not have gotten the memo that Foster was the next Payton! You'll hear it here first, and probably last, Owen Daniels Top Ten TE this week...and everyone will rush to the Waiver Wire to pick him up!
DOC'S PICK: TEXANS / TBONE'S PICK: CHIEFS

RAIDERS AT 49ERS
Samurai, you gotta beat the Raiders! Please, for all your brothers at Willow Creek - it's the black and silver, the symbol of evil in the NFL! Call me crazy, but I like the 49ers to go off here - Frank Gore (Rock Solid every week!), Michael Crabtree (Rock Solid), Vernon Davis (Rock Solid), and even Alex Smith (Rock Solid - 2 for 2 with touchdown drives since Singletary went off on him!). As for the Raiders, I sure hope McFadden doesn't play. No offense DMac, but I have Bush and McCoy ran wild on the 49ers last week. I think the only other Rock Solid Raider is Zach Miller. He's the #4 fantasy TE right now -you have to start him!
DOC'S PICK: 49ERS / TBONE'S PICK: 49ERS (We love Mike Singletary!)

JETS AT BRONCOS
If Kyle Orton is a Top Ten QB this week - forget it! You start him every week! I am a little worried about Brandon Lloyd this week, but it doesn't look like, even if he starts, Reevis will be healthy. So, Lloyd shouldn't end up stranded on an The Island! Knowshon may actually be a "Yes Show" for this one - Welcome back, here's the Jets D for you! When you think Jets, you think throwing that pigskin around! What? Last week Mark Sanchez had 44 pass attemps! I guess this is the new "Santonio Holmes" Jets! I like Mark Sanchez here. For some reason, I see him hitting Braylon Edwards for more points than Holmes or Keller (I'm officially worried about him the rest of the year!), and LT should be Rock Solid almost every week!
DOC'S PICK: JETS / TBONE'S PICK: JETS

COWBOYS AT VIKINGS
I've got to tell you, I've been writing this for over an hour - they may get a lot worse from here on out, but how would you tell?
I can't believe one of these teams is going to be 1-4. The Vikings have definitely played more like a 1-4 team. Brett Favre has been horrible....and I"m not just talking about his texting! His saving Grace might be God for the later, but for the former it's Randy Moss. Randy's got a 21 yard per catch average against the Cowboys and has 11 TD's in 7 games against them. As for Romo, I like him to be ok - not set any personal records again! The interesting guy here is Felix Jones. Will Dallas continue to give him the carries? If they do, can he keep up the numbers on a good Viking D? I don't know, that's why I'm interested to see what happens. Do you want me to predict the future?
DOC'S PICK: VIKINGS / TBONE'S PICK: COWBOYS

COLTS AT REDSKINS
Doesn't it sound cool - Colts vs Redskins? I don't know why, but it does to me! It probably does to Peyton Manning too! Washington has had a little trouble stopping the pass, and Peyton is coming off a poor game - for him! That's a bad combo! The only problem may be deciding which receiver to start. Garcon and Collie should play, but are a little banged up. The only healthy one is the guy hwo has put up the biggest numbers the last two weeks - I'd play Reggie Wayne. The running situation isn't any easier. It could be Addai, or Brown, or Hart - you'll just have to stay glued to your favorite fantasy website until Sunday. Don't you have to love Ryan Torain for the Redskins? As bad as the Redskins are against the pass, the Colts are against the run! You'd think they want to keep Peyton off the field and give him plenty of action! And I said it last week, I'll say it again: Start Cooley over Marcedes Lewis (especially since I'm playing the guy with both!). Finally, don't start this guy but keep him on your radar: Anthony Armstrong!
DOC'S PICK: COLTS / TBONE'S PICK: COLTS

TITANS AT JAGUARS
Finally, we're almost done! If you've read this far, send us an email, you should get something! Here's your fantasy analysis - start Chris Johnson and Maurice Jones Drew. That's it! Ok, maybe a Kenny Brit against the Jags secondary - but that's really it. Now, can I just say that I'm glad I don't have ESPN so I can't be disappointed that I won't see this game. Really? Titans vs Jags on national T.V. This has to be some kind of mistake.
DOC'S PICK: TITANS / TBONE'S PICK: JAGUARS

Whew, I'm winded. I'm sore! It's time to sit back and watch some football! Thanks for reading, and really, I'd love to help you out this week. I promise to give out Rock Solid fantasy advice. Feel free to leave a COMMENT or send us an EMAIL with your fantasy questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment