Photobucket
HEY, WE'RE ON ITUNES. Click on our picture to subscribe!

HEY, WE'RE ALSO ON TWITTER! Follow us at www.twitter.com/rockonfootball OR JUST SCROLL DOWN!


CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF DOC AND TBONE? GO TO ROCKONFOOTBALL.LEXY.COM AND YOU CAN GET DAILY PODCASTS SENT TO YOUR EMAIL, OR PHONE!

NEED AN RSS FEED FOR YOUR PHONE, HERE IT IS: WWW.ROCKONFOOTBALL.PODBEAN.COM/FEED

TBONE'S GOD STUFF HAS MOVED!

For TBone's blog on living out Jesus's life to the full go to: www.tonyhoby.blogspot.com

October 3, 2010

ALL I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT FOOTBALL, I LEARNED IN WEEK FOUR

Have I ever written about the title of these articles before? I call it "All I Need to Know About Football I Learned in Week ___" because week by week my thoughts change about the teams and players of this crazy thing we call the NFL. Last week, I had the Jags going 2-14. Now, they're 2-2 and tied with Indianapolis. Last week I said, "I never like Calvin Johnson." Then he scores twice and has 86 yards! Last week, I had no idea that David Nelson or Joel Dreesen were NFL players. On Sunday they combined for 147 yards and a touchdown. Last week, I was making plans to go watch the Chicago Bears return to Dallas for the Super Bowl. This week, I can't wait for the Blackhawk season opener on Thursday! From week to week, things totally change. So, what I write about now may not be the same in Week Ten. Heck, it may not be the same by Week Five!
* Funny how things happen. Donovan McNabb gets let fo so Kevin Kolb can lead the Eagles. Kolb gets hurt and Vick looks better than either of them ever did. But, when they finally have the showdown, Vick gets hurt and McNabb beats the Eagles in Philly because Brent Celek can't hang on to Kolb's game-winner!
* OK, some things don't change! The Bills and Raiders still can't stop the run. But kudos (that's the first time I've ever used the word "kudos") to LT (155 yds, 2 TDs), Shonn Greene (117 yds), and Arian Foster (187 yds, 2 TDs...in a half!)
* Frank Gore (137 total yds) and Michael Crabtree (5 - 58 yds) may like this new Offensive Coordinator.
* Pray for Nate Clements and his family! I don't know what the man who drops his pants, goes on crazy post-game rants and gets a TV guy fired will do to the player who cost him his first victory of the year.
* Welcome back Carolina Panthers running game!
* Is anyone tougher than Steven Jackson? 124 yards with only one groin! (Do you have more than one groin?)
* LT was not the only old guy with gas left in the tank. T.O. gave us 222 reasons to believe he's still got something left!
* With Michael Vick going down, the NFL is gonna need another dual-threat quarterback. Thank God for Kyle Orton. Not only did he throw for 341 yards, but he led the team in rushing (11 yards).
* When you drafted Chris Johnson with one of the first two picks in your draft, did you figure 1/2 of his games would be mediocre?
* Give the Lions credit, they never give up!
* I told you not to worry about MJD...or Josh Scobe, Scobe Doo!
* Maybe Reggie Wayne (196 yds) is the #1 guy in Indy.
* McFadden (129 yds), Bush (56 yds, 1 TD), Miller (122 yds, 1 TD) - No wonder I love the Silver and Black!
* Don't put too much into the Chargers / Cardinals game. It was over early.....And don't go out and pick up Max Hall!
* Here's another thing that never changes: When the Bears lose and my fantasy team gets blown away, it makes for a little less joyful Sunday.

Thanks for reading! Check us out tomorrow for our picks update, Grace and Sofia's ranks vs the experts and some free agent pick-ups!

No comments:

Post a Comment