Photobucket
HEY, WE'RE ON ITUNES. Click on our picture to subscribe!

HEY, WE'RE ALSO ON TWITTER! Follow us at www.twitter.com/rockonfootball OR JUST SCROLL DOWN!


CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF DOC AND TBONE? GO TO ROCKONFOOTBALL.LEXY.COM AND YOU CAN GET DAILY PODCASTS SENT TO YOUR EMAIL, OR PHONE!

NEED AN RSS FEED FOR YOUR PHONE, HERE IT IS: WWW.ROCKONFOOTBALL.PODBEAN.COM/FEED

TBONE'S GOD STUFF HAS MOVED!

For TBone's blog on living out Jesus's life to the full go to: www.tonyhoby.blogspot.com

October 12, 2010

TBONE IS BETTER THAN PICKING OUT OF A HAT!

Jeff and I were up Saturday night looking at his starting line-up. He had clicked on Marcedes Lewis, and I asked who else he had. After a little discussion, I said, "I'd start Chris Cooley." As I was listening to highlights Sunday afternoon, guess who had two touchdowns and ended up being the #1 ranked Tight End? In the same week, Eric emailed a question with four running backs asking which one he should sit. They were all solid so I said, "When in doubt, sit the Bear." That Bear was Matt Forte who had the game of his life and was the .....you guessed it, #1 ranked Running Back this week.
So, after five weeks, one thing is for sure - TBone is not quite an expert yet! But, my rankings are better than picking guys out of a hat! Two weeks ago I came up with this elaborate system (I would explain it again, but it's soooo boring. You can check out my "I'm the Worst Ranker Ever" column if you're really concerned.) to rank my rankings. They were so bad, that last week I decided to pick names out of a hat and see which was actually better. Oh yeah, (I am doing the victory dance at my computer), my picks were better....for the most part.
QUARTERBACKS
TBONE'S PICKS FROM WEEK FOUR:
Total Points = 248, Average spots off per player = 9.9
HAT'S PICKS FOR WEEK FIVE:
Total Points = 278, Average spots off per player = 11.12
Tip: With quarterbacks, if you don't have one of the top guys, match-ups seem to be the key. Don't freak out too much, in most leagues there are always good ones out there!
RUNNING BACKS
TBONE'S PICKS FROM WEEK FOUR:
Total points = 836, Average spots off per player = 16.72
HAT'S PICKS FOR WEEK FIVE:
Total points = 1112, Average spots off per player = 22.24

Tip: There are always a couple surprises in the Top 20, but for the most part if you don't have some great running backs by this point you're out of luck....and probably out of the playoffs. If you have some top flight receivers, I'd trade one to get some Running Back quality (See WR).
WIDE RECEIVERS
TBONE'S PICKS FROM WEEK FOUR:
Total points = 1502, Average spots off per player = 30.4
HAT'S PICKS FOR WEEK FIVE:
Total points = 1373, Average spots off per player = 27.46

Tip: Yeah, the hat beat me! But, to his credit, he has been doing a lot of research on Wide Receivers! Here's the deal - These guys are impossible to predict. You've got the best shot at picking up a Waiver Wire guy here and having him be a Top 20 guy. The take away? Don't be afraid to trade a receiver for a Running Back, some guys that aren't consistent, may be. And some guys who are on the Waiver Wire could have big weeks. And some guys who have been sitting on your bench may come through for you.
TIGHT ENDS
TBONE'S PICKS FROM WEEK FOUR:
Total points = 165, Average spots off per player = 8.25
HAT'S PICKS FOR WEEK FIVE:
Total points = 254, Average spots off per player = 12.7

Tip: The Top Ten guys here are actually pretty easy to predict. You don't see too many surprises. I think you can plug in a good one and keep them there all year.

Now, before you judge me as a "bad picker" realize that even if you looked at the gurus, I bet their rankings aren't anywhere near perfect either. So, fantasy football is a lot like life. Get the advice of "experts." Do as much research as you can. But, it's your team, and it's your life. When it's all said and done, trust the Good Lord above and do what you think is right!

1 comment:

  1. I lost by 5 last week. I should have asked your input on WR as well. I sat Malcolm Floyd too! My bench was awesome!

    ReplyDelete