Photobucket
HEY, WE'RE ON ITUNES. Click on our picture to subscribe!

HEY, WE'RE ALSO ON TWITTER! Follow us at www.twitter.com/rockonfootball OR JUST SCROLL DOWN!


CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF DOC AND TBONE? GO TO ROCKONFOOTBALL.LEXY.COM AND YOU CAN GET DAILY PODCASTS SENT TO YOUR EMAIL, OR PHONE!

NEED AN RSS FEED FOR YOUR PHONE, HERE IT IS: WWW.ROCKONFOOTBALL.PODBEAN.COM/FEED

TBONE'S GOD STUFF HAS MOVED!

For TBone's blog on living out Jesus's life to the full go to: www.tonyhoby.blogspot.com

October 18, 2010

GO GET 'EM - WEEK SEVEN!

OK, I started Maurice Jones Drew, Michael Bush and Jamaal Charles instead of Ryan Torain yesterday.....and lost by 22 points (the exact number Torain had), so I may not be in the best state of mind as I type this out. However, it did remind me of my new fantasy strategy. Put all the players that you are thinking about starting in a hat, and then pick out the winners. That's how they did it in the book of Acts when they needed a Waiver Wire pick-up for Judas. Good enough for the disciples, good enough for me. And, in case you need a Waiver Wire pick-up yourself (see how I tied it all together), check out who's still available:

By now, you've probably heard that Tim Tebow scored a touchdown! So, this week, I'm going to judge these players in two categories - B.T. (Better than Tebow) and A.T. (Acquire Tebow instead). I know this is probably sacrilegious on many levels, but oh well, we're doing it!

QUARTERBACKS: Seriously? There's only one - Tim Tebow!

RUNNING BACKS:
Derrick Ward: A.T.
He has 14, 7 and 12 fantasy points his last three games, and has scored a T.D. in each one. That's what scares me - if he doesn't score, he doesn't score. I don't want a guy like that on my team.
Danny Woodhead: B.T. He's consistent, Tom Brady likes him, and he getting a lot of touches on a high-powered offense. 10, 10, and 11 points the last three games!

WIDE RECEIVERS:
Dwayne Bowe: B.T.
At first, I was going to write that I didn't trust his passing situation, but then I checked the schedule. Jacksonville, Buffalo, Oakland, Denver, Seattle, Arizona - it's nice. So, if someone got fed up and dropped him, GO GET 'EM!
Roy Williams: B.T. 23, 14, 14 in his last three games. He's on a good passing offense. You have to make a spot for this guy - even if you don't like him personally!
Deion Branch: B.T. 12 targets and 15 points, not bad for his first game. See Danny Woodhead!
Mike Williams, SEA: A.T. Don't remind me! How do the Bears give up 120 yards to this guy?
Michael Jenkins: B.T. Not a bad first game. It seems like Atlanta has finally found someone to take some of the load off of Roddy White, 11 targets and 99 yards (that's the same amount of targets and more yards than Roddy)
Robert Meachem: A.T. Can you really count on any New Orleans receiver on a week-to-week basis. If you had to pick one, and I'd only get one, it would be Lance Moore...and Reggie Bush is coming back.
Denario Alexander: A.T. Isn't this just the kind of guy you'd love to have on your fantasy team? Why not? Never played a game in the NFL. It's just a fun pick-up!

TIGHT ENDS
Aaron Hernandez: A.T. The only thing that worries me about AHer (ok, that doesn't ring as well as ARod), is his lack of touchdowns - 0 to be exact! But see Danny Woodhead above!
Brandon Pettigrew: A.T. Two things scare me. One, he has one less target than Tony Scheffler for the year. Two, Matt Stafford is coming back....and will he look more to Calvin Johnson and Nate Burleson?
Owen Daniels: B.T. Two of his next three games are against San Diego and Jacksonville - one bad against the Tight End, one bad against anything thrown in the air. He looked healthy in the fourth quarter and may be back to the 2009 Owen Daniels! GO GET 'EM!

TOP GO GET 'EMS FOR WEEK 7: Danny Woodhead, Roy Williams, Owen Daniels, and.....TIM TEBOW!

Thanks for reading and I'd love to hear your comments. I'd also like to share that as I'm typing my team ust lost by 3....MJD = 6 pts, Ryan Torain = 22 pts. Ugggghhhh! But not as bad as the guy who lost by two because Chris Johnson had a 35 yard touchdown run in garbage time. Gotta love fantasy football!

No comments:

Post a Comment