Photobucket
HEY, WE'RE ON ITUNES. Click on our picture to subscribe!

HEY, WE'RE ALSO ON TWITTER! Follow us at www.twitter.com/rockonfootball OR JUST SCROLL DOWN!


CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF DOC AND TBONE? GO TO ROCKONFOOTBALL.LEXY.COM AND YOU CAN GET DAILY PODCASTS SENT TO YOUR EMAIL, OR PHONE!

NEED AN RSS FEED FOR YOUR PHONE, HERE IT IS: WWW.ROCKONFOOTBALL.PODBEAN.COM/FEED

TBONE'S GOD STUFF HAS MOVED!

For TBone's blog on living out Jesus's life to the full go to: www.tonyhoby.blogspot.com

September 29, 2010

EVEN A 7 OR 9 YEAR-OLD GIRL COULD DO BETTER THAN US!

This week I actually decided to check out my picks. I came up with this elablorate system in which I would give myself a point total for where I ranked a player in comparison to their actual point total for the week. For example, I ranked Matt Schaub as the #3 QB this week and he finished as the 26th best. That's 23 points for me. However, I ranked Peyton Hillis the 37th RB, but he finished as the #3 back - that's 34 points. (I borrowed this from HackHype.com - pretty cool thing they're doing actually!) Anyway, I would add up the points to see if I improved each week; however I noticed something very quickly....MY POINT TOTALS WERE RIDICULOUS! I was so far off, and the number of players that I didn't even rank that finished in the Top 20 was crazy.
Let me give you a sample! Mark Sanchez, Matt Cassel, Lance Moore, Roy Williams, Brandon Lloyd, Mike Wallace - they were all TOP 10 at their position last week. C'mon, those guys alone gave me hundreds of points. Then, you put in guys like Matt Schaub, Brett Favre, Joseph Addai, Matt Forte. Shonn Greene, Reggie Wayne, Andre Johnson, and Calvin Johnson - who all finished OUTSIDE THE TOP 20 or 40 AT THEIR POSITION, and I was getting into the thousands!
I came up with a new theory - THIS STUFF IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PREDICT! In fact, last week, I had a tough decision. Brandon Marshall against the Jets or Malcolm Floyd. When you have a tough decision like that what do you do? Call on your nine year-old. Grace told me to start Brandon Marshall....and he won me my first game!
That got me thinking. I should give Grace and Sofia, my 7 year-old daughter, a number of difficult fantasy questions for the week and see how they do. So, here they are....
GRACE AND SOFIA'S PICKS FOR WEEK FOUR!
1) Kyle Orton over Joe Flacco (G)
2) Michael Vick over Donovan McNabb (S)
3) "Sharder" Mendenhall over LT (G)
4) Darren McFadden over Peyton Hillis (S)
5) Jabar Gaffney over DeMaryius Thomas or Brandon Lloyd (G)
6) Reggie Wayne over Austin Collie (S)
7) Calvin Johnson over Louis Murphy (G)
8) Ochocinco over Malcolm Floyd (S)
9) Zach Miller over Brent Celek (G)
10) Aaron Hernandez over Owen Daniels (S)
There we go! Now let's see how the "experts" rank these guys for Week Four and see who does better!

Of course, if you'd like Grace or Sofia to give you fantasy advice, just send us an email at rockonfootball@yahoo.com, and they'd be happy to settle a difficult decision for you!

And if you'd like to hear them break down their decisions, click below!

No comments:

Post a Comment