Photobucket
HEY, WE'RE ON ITUNES. Click on our picture to subscribe!

HEY, WE'RE ALSO ON TWITTER! Follow us at www.twitter.com/rockonfootball OR JUST SCROLL DOWN!


CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF DOC AND TBONE? GO TO ROCKONFOOTBALL.LEXY.COM AND YOU CAN GET DAILY PODCASTS SENT TO YOUR EMAIL, OR PHONE!

NEED AN RSS FEED FOR YOUR PHONE, HERE IT IS: WWW.ROCKONFOOTBALL.PODBEAN.COM/FEED

TBONE'S GOD STUFF HAS MOVED!

For TBone's blog on living out Jesus's life to the full go to: www.tonyhoby.blogspot.com

September 26, 2010

ALL I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT FOOTBALL I LEARNED IN WEEK THREE!

OK, let's get right to it. You may sense some negativitly in a few of the notes, but hey, I'm 0-3! What do you want - joy and cheer? However, here are a couple of things I noticed after three weeks of NFL action:
* Brett Favre blows!
* Running backs that you pick up off the waiver wire were there for a reason (Tolbert was ok, but in the last two weeks I've done the fist pump when I've been awarded Brandon Jackson and Mike Tolbert. Their peformance wasn't fist pump worthy!)
* How about those new QBs? Bruce Gradkowski to Louis Murphy - you may hear that a lot! Jimmy Clausen looked a lot like Matt Moore...without the completions to Steve Smith! And Michael Vick - how did nobody see this coming in the preseason?
* How about those old guys? Santana Moss has an incredible day and Brandon Lloyd grabs another 169 yards worth of bullets thrown by Kyle Orton!
* Here's why you can't predict everything that's gonna happen on a Sunday. The Ravens had not given up a touchdown this year...and then they give up two - to Peyton Hillis, and 144 yards. The Steelers had not scored three touchdowns this year...and then Charlie Batch, their fourth stringer, throws for three today. C'mon!
* MJD blows! I like you better than Brett Favre, but can you please lead me to victory one day? We may just have this year's Matt Forte!
* There's a reason why you drafted Adrian Peterson, Chris Johnson and Darren McFadden 1-2-3 this year. Oh wait.....
* If you pick up a guy, start him, and he throws for 176 yards and 0 TD's. Then, after you drop him he has 250 with three....Or if you pick up a defense that gives up like 38 points and then, after you drop them, has 2 return TD's and 5 tournovers - IT MIGHT NOT BE YOUR YEAR! Thank you Matt Cassel and the Seattle Seahawks for showing me that!
* The Tampa Bay defense blows! (See Charlie Batch)
* I thought the Skins weren't that impressed with Portis, and I was right. The only thing I was wrong on was who they'd get to share with him. They just got Torain off the practice squad. Welcome back, Mike Shanahan, you are the devil!
* After about three weeks, you know when some of your picks have gone astray:
1) Randy Moss is not the bust of the year (see MJD). He will not be outside the Top 10 of fantasy receivers. Yep, I said that!
2) The New York Giants are not going to the Super Bowl! Said that too!
3) DeSean Jackson will be a Top 10 guy again. Yeah, I doubted him!
4) And LT will be better than Shonn Greene. Can't believe that one!
* How does Wacco for Boldin sound? I know I stole the whole "Wacco for Flaco" thing from the Fantasy Focus, but boy has he been good!
* Speaking of other podcasts, nice call by HackHype.com. They said that the Reggie Bush injury would positively affect Lance Moore. I thought they were crazy. Guess they were not! Check out HackHype on iTunes!
* Not only is Mike Singletary goofy, he's real bad! I know he swept the carpet after church at Willow Creek, but it rubs me the wrong way that he got that guy fired!
* It may be time for a Spelling Bee: Tony Moeaki (sp?) and BenJarvus Green-Elis (sp?) I don't know how to spell them, do you? You may need to on your next trip tothe Waiver Wire!
* If was nice of Miles Austin to give all his catches and touchdowns to Roy Williams this week. That's loving your neighbor as yourself!
* Reggie Wayne, when did you change your number to 17 and become caucasion?
* I was embarrased when I had a groin injury and had to get it checked out. The doctor was a lady I knew from church. Hope that doesn't happen to Steven Jackson!
* Way to go Kevin Kolb! You just had your NFL live taken from you, and there you were whoopin and whappin on the sideline, cheering on the team. Now, that's a guy who puts others in front of himself!
* For all that negative stuff I said, I'm sorry! And I'm in a much better mood - Brandon Marshall may have just got me win #1! Thanks to my daughter Grace! I asked her who to start out of Brandon Marshall and Malcolm Floyd. She said, "Not the one going against the Seahawks!" WhoooHoooo! Send all your fantasy football questions to rockonfootball@yahoo.com with "Grace" in the subject line!

Thanks for reading! If you want more, listen to this:

No comments:

Post a Comment