Photobucket
HEY, WE'RE ON ITUNES. Click on our picture to subscribe!

HEY, WE'RE ALSO ON TWITTER! Follow us at www.twitter.com/rockonfootball OR JUST SCROLL DOWN!


CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF DOC AND TBONE? GO TO ROCKONFOOTBALL.LEXY.COM AND YOU CAN GET DAILY PODCASTS SENT TO YOUR EMAIL, OR PHONE!

NEED AN RSS FEED FOR YOUR PHONE, HERE IT IS: WWW.ROCKONFOOTBALL.PODBEAN.COM/FEED

TBONE'S GOD STUFF HAS MOVED!

For TBone's blog on living out Jesus's life to the full go to: www.tonyhoby.blogspot.com

September 9, 2010

WEEK ONE! WE'RE READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!

How about this for a crazy idea? We're going to look at the fantasy impact of each game. How's that for creative. Well, here it is anyway:
MINNESOTA VIKINGS VS. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (Thursday night)
I had a feeling this would be a shoot out, so I checked out their last game....and guess what? A lot of guys went off in that one! A couple of surprises were how well Bernard Berian and Vishante Shiancoe did, and how poorly all the Saint WR's did. Without Cedric Griffin and Cris Cook playing in the secondary for Minnesota, Drew Brees will have a big game, but I don't like any receiver imparticular...on either side. You just don't know. If I had to pick one, I'd go Colston. At Running Back, why not try out this Adrian Peterson guy, but I don't like Pierre Thomas with the Minnesota run D!
DOC'S PICK: MINNESOTA / TBONE'S PICK: MINNESOTA

CAROLINA PANTHERS VS. NEW YORK GIANTS (Sunday, Noon)
I can't wait to see Ahmad Bradshaw. I don't know that he'll be great or have huge fantasy points, but I can't wait to see what he does. I do have a hunch that DeAngelo Williams is better than Jonathon Stewart and Steve Smith (CAR) wins the battle of the Steve Smiths. Carolina was the third best team against the QB last year, so I wouldn't start either of them. It's a shame the Panthers don't utilize the TE more; because that would be a nice play.
DOC'S PICK: NEW YORK / TBONE'S PICK: NEW YORK

ATLANTA FALCONS VS. PITTSBURGH STEELERS (Sunday, Noon)
I see this as low-scoring, and I still don't know if "The Sharder", Rashard Mendenhall, is going to be a good start here with Dennis Dixon at the QB. Doc disagrees and says you have to start him, but I don't know. In fact, I don't love Michael Turner but I guess you'll probably start him too no matter what I say. I just see the Pittsburgh defense coming out with something to prove. Low scoring, maybe a Heath Miller sighting or two. And of course, until further notice, always start Roddy White!
DOC'S PICK: PITTSBURGH / TBONE'S PICK: PITTSBURGH

CLEVELAND BROWNS VS. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS (Sunday, Noon)
Last year, teams piled up 158 yards per game against the Browns on the ground. Well, it ain't last year. So, as it would seem like Carnell Williams is a good play here (I picked him to do better than "The Sharder" this week), I think the Browns D comes to play. I'd also look at Jerome Harrison, but Tampa D improved a ton when Raheem Morris took control last year. Besides Kellen Winslow, I dont' think there's another starter you'd even want to tempt yourself with.
DOC'S PICK: TAMPA BAY / TBONE'S PICK: CLEVELAND


DENVER BRONCOS VS. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (Sunday, Noon)
I'll just come out and say it, I like Kyle Orton and Jabar Gafney to have big games. That's it - Jabar Gafney = 100 yards. I said it! I don't trust Knowshon Moreno with a bad knee and a bad Ryan Clady. And I don't like Jacksonville's passing options. I LOVE MJD! He's back to practice and ready to run wild!
DOC'S PICK: DENVER / TBONE'S PICK: DENVER

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS VS. HOUSTON TEXANS (Sunday, Noon)
Of course, you start Peyton Manning and Matt Schaub! Of course, you start Andre Johnson and one or two of the Colts WR (see Hail Marys above for my pick). Of course, you're gonna start Dallas Clark. But, last year Joseph Addai had 63 and 69 yards in two games against the Texans and Arian Foster has to go against an Indy D that's always good against the run with Bob Sanders. I'd pick Foster over Addai, and if you drafter Foster to be your #2 - let him do his job! But check your options!
DOC'S PICK: HOUSTON / TBONE'S PICK: INDIANAPOLIS

MIAMI DOLPHINS VS. BUFFALO BILLS (Sunday, Noon)
I'll be excited to see what C.J. Spiller does, but I'd rather start Ronnie Brown. Last year, Bills not so good against the run! Miami was fourth worse against QBs last year and 6th worse against WR, so be ready for a Trent Edwards to Lee Evans explosion - just kidding! And don't think Brandon Marshall is going to go off. Buffalo was actually pretty good against WR last year.
DOC'S PICK: MIAMI / TBONE'S PICK: MIAMI

DETROIT LIONS VS. CHICAGO BEARS (Sunday, Noon)
Last year, Detroit was last vs. the WR, last vs. the QB, last vs. the RB and 4th worse vs. the TE - They weren't very good. If you drafted any Bears, this will be your best chance all year to play them. The only problem for us Bear fans is that this will also be your time to play Jahvid Best and Calvin Johnson. Don't take the D's!
DOC'S PICK: DETROIT (He did it!) / TBONE'S PICK: CHICAGO

OAKLAND RAIDERS VS TENNESSEE TITANS (Sunday, Noon)
Chris Johnson could get 2,000 yards....in this game. Last year the Raiders gave up 155 yards per game against the run. This could be ugly! However, here's a sleeper pick for you. Louis Murphy, I like him and Jason Campbell. Tennessee has had trouble in the secondary and Murphy is the main man. Also, watch out for Zach Miller - we know Jason Campbell likes the Tight End...and we're talking football.
DOC'S PICK: TENNESSEE / TBONE'S PICK: TENNESSEE

CINCINNATI BENGALS VS. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (Sunday, Noon)
Cinci's D is better than you think, and New England's is not. Doc made the point that if you want to start Carson Palmer at all this year, now's the time. And I'll give away a little of the podcast - we said, out of Wes Welker, Chad Ochocinco, and Terrel Owens, we'd start T.O. Why not? Still like Benson and still don't like any Patriot RB. And let's just see if Randy Moss is pouting on the sidelines.
DOC'S PICK: NEW ENGLAND / TBONE'S PICK: CINCINNATI

ARIZONA CARDINALS VS. ST. LOUIS RAMS (Sunday, 3:15)
I love the Rams - Sam Bradford, Laurent Robinson, Billy Bajema! They're great. Do I think you start any of them? NO! Oh yeah, except that Steven Jackson guy! As for the Cardinals, unless something changes, I'd start Tim Hightower over Beanie Wells, but listen for the injury reports. I also think Derick Anderson is a Top 10 QB this week - so I guess I like Larry Fitzgerald.
DOC'S PICK: ARIZONA / TBONE'S PICK: ST. LOUIS

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (Sunday, Noon)
One name and one name only - Frank Gore. Remember last year? Does 246 yards remind you of anything? However, in Week 13, he had only 25 yards and Alex Smith went off to Vernon Davis. OK, I'd get the 49 D in there, but I can't trust any Seahawk until they show me what's up their sleeve at RB.
DOC'S PICK: SAN FRANCISCO / TBONE'S PICK: SAN FRANCISCO

GREEN BAY PACKERS VS. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (Sunday, 3:15)
Aaron Rodgers will be great! Ryan Grant will be good! Jermichael Finley will be great! Donald Driver will be great! Greg Jennings will be good! You'll hear that all year with maybe Driver and Jennings switched! But, this does seem like a good match-up....for both teams. The only one I'm gun-shy on is Kevin Kolb. I like Maclin, Jackson adn Celek, but Kolb is too unknown right now, and I don't like LeSean McCoy - nothing personal!
DOC'S PICK: PHILADELPHIA / TBONE'S PICK: GREEN BAY

DALLAS COWBOYS VS. WASHINGTON REDSKINS (Sunday Night)
This will be more interesting than anything else? Will the Cowboys prove their offense is what we thought it would be before preseason? I think "Yes." Will Clinton Portis have a big game? I say "Yes - kind of." Will Donovan McNabb have anyone to throw to? I say "Santana Moss." Will Marion Barber or Felix Jones have more fantasy points? I say "Felix Jones." And don't forget Miles Austin, Tony Romo, Jason Witten and David Buehler!
DOC'S PICK: DALLAS / TBONE'S PICK: DALLAS

BALTIMORE RAVENS VS. NEW YORK JETS (Monday Night)
I wanted to say, "Don't start anyone but the kickers," but Doc talked me out of it. I just don't see a whole ton of points being scored. But, I guess if you're gonna pass on the Jets this would be the week. I do say, check out Billy Cundiff and Mike Nugent - they are two kickers that are probably available in your league!
DOC'S PICK: NEW YORK / TBONE'S PICK: BALTIMORE

Can I just tell you how glad I am that we are almost done with these?

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS VS. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (Monday Night)
Ryan Matthews may be the best running back ever after this game! KC, not so good at stopping people last year. In fact, I'll say it right now - Shootout! I wouldn't stop you from starting anyone on either of these teams. I will say this, I'm sticking with Jamaal Charles until proven otherwise!
DOC'S PICK: SAN DIEGO / TBONE'S PICK: KANSAS CITY

Whooooo! I'm so glad it's over! Why don't you send in your picks and go up against Doc and TBone?

2 comments:

  1. Nice picks for Thursday night! Off on all counts... may be a long season for you both. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? Pierre Thomas...oops! Brett Favre....oops! Garret Hartley = #1 kicker....oops! We did say to start Adrian Peterson and Drew Brees, and not to play any WR - throw a guy a bone!
    Oh yeah, that Vikings winning thing - can we change that?

    ReplyDelete