Photobucket
HEY, WE'RE ON ITUNES. Click on our picture to subscribe!

HEY, WE'RE ALSO ON TWITTER! Follow us at www.twitter.com/rockonfootball OR JUST SCROLL DOWN!


CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF DOC AND TBONE? GO TO ROCKONFOOTBALL.LEXY.COM AND YOU CAN GET DAILY PODCASTS SENT TO YOUR EMAIL, OR PHONE!

NEED AN RSS FEED FOR YOUR PHONE, HERE IT IS: WWW.ROCKONFOOTBALL.PODBEAN.COM/FEED

TBONE'S GOD STUFF HAS MOVED!

For TBone's blog on living out Jesus's life to the full go to: www.tonyhoby.blogspot.com

August 29, 2010

TIGHT ENDS, KICKERS AND DEFENSE - NOT REALLY, IT'S MOSTLY ABOUT OUR DRAFT!!!

Ok, it's a little different when you finally get to your draft! You can say you're going to do this or do that, but when it's all on the line, when your fantasy fate is going to be determined in the next four hours - it's a little different than sitting at a computer, listening to the ROCK ON FOOTBALL PODCAST and doing a Mock Draft. So, when it came my turn (oh yeah, I am going to bore you with every pick I made)at #3, I would have said MJD, no doubt, 24 hours before. But, then there was the report about his knee. Did it anyway - still not sure Ray Rice wouldn't have been better. Then, at 18, Miles Austin was still there - easy; however if Ryan Matthews hadn't been taken the pick before he would have been mine. At 23, Beanie Wells was there and running back was getting scarce. I didn't have a pick for a while and there were a lot of good WR left so I took him (then I saw him run against the Bears, ugh!). At the end of the fourth, Brandon Marshall is sitting there. I know I can't wait and get Bowe, but I can't pass up a Top 5 guy! It's #43 and Jamaal Charles is still around. I don't love him because of TJo, but as a third RB - awesome! I get him. Now, it's already #58 and my boy, Dwayne Bowe is there. I love him, but I've already got my starting WR, and still don't have a TE or QB. I figure I can wait for Cutler and Celek. Dwayne Bowe is mine! But Cutler is not - he gets picked, what? Then, I grab Celek and pray that Kolb is still there - he is! Now, with all my starters I start to think of back-ups to Kolb (he's my least sure starter). But, Michael Bush is there and I said I was going to draft him (Great idea, broken thumb!), so I wait and hope Brett Favre is still there in four more picks. I think he will be because everyone has QBs by now. He is! So, I like my QB rotation. In Round 11, I don't like Malcolm Floyd because I saw him play the night before, but it's between him and Jabar Gafney. In the end, I figure San Diego has the better passing O....but I see my favorite Defense there. Good bye, San Fran, I take Mike Singletary's D. Luckilly, both those WR are still there so I take Floyd. Finally, it's kicker time. The one I really want is Buehler from Dallas, but Doc takes him. All along we've said we love Neil Rackers. Even though he's not officially on the team I gamble and go for it! Then, we're obligated to take another D and Kicker so I draft Dan Conroy from Michigan St. (son of my friend) and I think the Texans - already dropped!
I go home, think my team will not even make the playoffs, and thank God for the best day of the year!
Oh yeah, if you want our breakdown on kickers, defense and tight ends - listen to the podcast!
Of course, we'd love to hear about your draft or what you think about mine. So, click on COMMENTS below! And come back next week as we get ready for Opening Day! Can you believe it?

No comments:

Post a Comment