Photobucket
HEY, WE'RE ON ITUNES. Click on our picture to subscribe!

HEY, WE'RE ALSO ON TWITTER! Follow us at www.twitter.com/rockonfootball OR JUST SCROLL DOWN!


CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF DOC AND TBONE? GO TO ROCKONFOOTBALL.LEXY.COM AND YOU CAN GET DAILY PODCASTS SENT TO YOUR EMAIL, OR PHONE!

NEED AN RSS FEED FOR YOUR PHONE, HERE IT IS: WWW.ROCKONFOOTBALL.PODBEAN.COM/FEED

TBONE'S GOD STUFF HAS MOVED!

For TBone's blog on living out Jesus's life to the full go to: www.tonyhoby.blogspot.com

August 22, 2010

BRETT FARVE IS BACK! - THE WIDE RECEIVERS!

I just had to put it! But, that's the last we'll mention of him.
So, are you at the point where you've had all these guys you've liked for the last month, and now, as draft day approaches you're starting to doubt? It's so much different when Draft Day is right around the corner and it's time to really pick that team. Jay Cutler as a starting QB looked great...until I saw him get killed against the Raiders. Ryan Matthews sounded great as a bust...until he started ripping through NFL defenses. Kevin Smith was my sleeper...until Jahvid Best got every carry and pass for a quarter and a half. I know we can't put too much into the preseason, but I don't know if I should stay with my original thoughts or is it time to revamp one more time? Really, can I still draft Lance Moore even as my last WR?
Well, today we talked Receivers. Last year was the first one that I broke from the RB, RB, RB theory of drafting...and it worked. I had the most points in our Fantasy League. And it makes sense to me. There are a lot of running backs I like late that I think will provide me with plenty of fantasy points, but there are only about 10 WR that I'd like to start on my team. So, I'm getting two Receivers in my first four picks - it would be my first three if I didn't like Dwayne Bowe so much. But, after that I may only have one or two backups. I'm going to go heavy on upside RBs. Saying that, here's my questions:
1) Do I really have Roddy White and Greg Jennings as my #3 and #4 WR? I DO! And I believe it. I want both those guys!
2) Could Dwayne Bowe really be a Top 10 WR this year? Call me crazy and a lover of large men, but I think Charlie Weiss makes a difference in Kansas City. In his rookie year, Dwayne Bowe showed he had the talent, and now you would think he'd be in a system that would work to his advantage.
3) Will Vincent Jackson play 12 games? I still think he will. I can't remember a player who held out. And if he plays, you could have a steal!
4) I'm going to pick one of these five guys - Lance Moore, Johnny Knox, Mike Wallace, Jabar Gafney, or Malcolm Floyd. I just don't know which one.
5) Does anyone like DeSean Jackson this year? What did he do?
6) What in the world is going to happen with Larry Fitzgerald? I don't trust Matt Leinart, Derek Anderson, or...ok, I love John Skelton!
7) Why did I pick Randy Moss to be my Bust of the Year? Oh yeah, he's 33, had a horrible last five games of the season, and he's Randy Moss.
8) Why do I keep looking at Steve Smith's (CAR) name and think, "I have to get that guy!"?
9) With _______ _________ back, is this Bernard Berrian's year? Don't think so - he's never been Top 20!
10) Why do I feel more pressure on Fantasy Football Draft Day than when I'm in a class of 25 kids who have their trust in me to mold and shape them?

We love your comments...or YOUR HELP!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment