Photobucket
HEY, WE'RE ON ITUNES. Click on our picture to subscribe!

HEY, WE'RE ALSO ON TWITTER! Follow us at www.twitter.com/rockonfootball OR JUST SCROLL DOWN!


CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF DOC AND TBONE? GO TO ROCKONFOOTBALL.LEXY.COM AND YOU CAN GET DAILY PODCASTS SENT TO YOUR EMAIL, OR PHONE!

NEED AN RSS FEED FOR YOUR PHONE, HERE IT IS: WWW.ROCKONFOOTBALL.PODBEAN.COM/FEED

TBONE'S GOD STUFF HAS MOVED!

For TBone's blog on living out Jesus's life to the full go to: www.tonyhoby.blogspot.com

August 9, 2010

THE QUARTERBACKS!

Howard David is on the radio, I'm wearing my Bears jersey for no apparent reason, and we're driving six kids an hour and a half to play on bouncy castles (it's our annual pilgrimage to Bears Training Camp!). That can only mean one thing - football is here!
So, let's start by helping out a brother (he's not actually our brother, but one of our new favorite fans). He wants to know of any NFL players that are born again Christians. So, if you know of any, leave them in the comment section below or email them to us, and let's get Todd a Championship quality team of Christian guys!

Hey, what about us? We need your help too! We're looking for your Auction Draft strategies. We'd prefer that you've actually seen them work, but we'll take random, "I've never been in an Auction League, but I know this would work" stuff.

Now, can we talk quarterbacks! I'll never get a great one. In our league, we get four points for a touchdown and QB's don't score all that great. So, I wait till the later rounds and get a sleeper (my spiritual gift is picking QBs in the later rounds). So, Rodgers, Manning, Brees - they're gone. Would I love to get Romo this year? You bet ya, but he'll probably be gone too. Do you know who I'd take...well, you'll have to wait.
Here's what I would do if I were you though. Identify one QB or a committee of QBs that you think you can get late in the draft. Then, get two running backs and two receivers with your first four picks. Don't care what order, just make sure you get good ones. Then, start to look at the draft. If you can grab a Tight End before your QB will be gone, take him. If not, go get that QB you targeted. Because (I know you're not supposed to start a sentence with because, sorry Mrs. Neisus) I think you can find a QB later that will be serviceable, but you don't want to get stuck without 2 of the top WRs and two of the top RBs.
For me, I'm getting Jay Cutler later, or a combination of Kolb and Campbell. Or Cassel. Or Henne. Or Moore. My major points will come from my RB and WR position and hopefully I acurately predict which of these QBs will produce higher than their ADP (Average Draft Position).
I do have a great track record with QBs, so if you want to check out my rankings, click on TBONES QUARTERBACK RANKINGS above. And I'd love to hear your feedback. We don't get enough critical emails, so let us have it. Tell me why Jay Cutler will not be a #4 quarterback or how you'd rather have Favre than Kolb. It's a community here not a dictatorship!

But whatever you do - have fun with fantasy football, it only comes once a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment