Photobucket
HEY, WE'RE ON ITUNES. Click on our picture to subscribe!

HEY, WE'RE ALSO ON TWITTER! Follow us at www.twitter.com/rockonfootball OR JUST SCROLL DOWN!


CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF DOC AND TBONE? GO TO ROCKONFOOTBALL.LEXY.COM AND YOU CAN GET DAILY PODCASTS SENT TO YOUR EMAIL, OR PHONE!

NEED AN RSS FEED FOR YOUR PHONE, HERE IT IS: WWW.ROCKONFOOTBALL.PODBEAN.COM/FEED

TBONE'S GOD STUFF HAS MOVED!

For TBone's blog on living out Jesus's life to the full go to: www.tonyhoby.blogspot.com

August 15, 2010

THE RUNNING BACKS!

Let's not kid ourselves - Running Backs are still king in Fantasy Football. If you don't get a couple good ones, you're dead! (Not literally dead - remember it's only fantasy football) Doc would even go as far to say you should draft a Running Back with each of your first three picks. I would disagree; because, I think there is value in the later rounds of your draft. But, I still say, you have to do your research and make sure you are walking out of your draft with at least three guys you like with a RB behind them.

But, more of that later. GAMES HAVE STARTED! In a not too exciting or well-rehearsed segment, we look at the fantasy relevance of each preseason game. Yeah, it probably doesn't matter, but there are some interesting things that happened, and we are nothing if not bearers of irrelevant information. And wait until you hear about the interesting things I read at www.fftoday.com in an article written by Dave Stringer. For example, did you know Pierre Garcon caught 51% of his targets last year and people not named Pierre Garcon who played for the Colts caught 72%?

OK, I know that's cool, but not cooler than what our buddy Andy McCann did in Honduras. Now, here's a fantasy football player who has his priorities in place. To find out more about what he did, go to: www.eatforadollar.blogspot.com....or just LISTEN TO THE PODCAST!

Back to Running Backs! You know what drives me crazy? All the arguments over who is #1 - Chris Johnson or Adrian Pederson? Who cares? They're both awesome! They're both gonna be huge parts of your fantasy team. If you get the first or second pick, you're taking them. I just wish there was a lot more talk about say - Clinton Portis vs. Ronnie Brown or Shon Green vs. Ryan Matthews. That's where fantasy championships are won! Saying that, I'd love for you to check out my rankings (Just click on TBONE'S RB RANKINGS above). I've got a couple questions.
1) Are Ryan Grant and Joseph Addai going to score enough to make them Top 10 backs? I love the fact that they both have high-powered offenses and Grant is the guy. But is that too high?
2) If you had to take one out of these four guys who would it be? Beanie Wells, Shon Greene, Cedric Benson or Ryan Matthews? Benson and Matthews will get the share of carries and Matthews looked great. But Wells looks like he's gonna get a lot more action this year; however, Hightower is a pass-catching machine. And Shon Greene should get most of the outrageous number of carries in New York, but he only had 550 yards last year in the regular season.
3) Is Knowshon done for the year? I tend to think "Yes!"
4) How much do you love Arian Foster and Michael Bush? C'mon you know you love them!
5) Clinton Portis - next in the line of great Shanahan backs or old guy? I've got a feeling....he's got a little left in the tank!
6) Can you please tell me that Matt Forte is going to have a good year? Please!
7) Is this finally the year Ahmad Bradshaw gets more carries than Brandon Jacobs? I waited all last year for it to happen - never did!
8) Carnell Williams - will he ever get the Cadillac back? If I have him as my #3 RB am I excited or worried to death?
9) You know one of those Top 8 is going to be a bust this year. If I had to guess, I'd say it's....heck, I don't know who it is. Do you?
10) Kevin Smith is better than Jahvid Best, right?


HEY, DON'T FORGET TO DOWNLOAD OUR CHEAT SHEET FOR YOUR DRAFT. IT'S GOT EVERYTHING YOU'LL NEED FOR DRAFT DAY...AND ON TWO EASY SHEETS.

No comments:

Post a Comment