Photobucket
HEY, WE'RE ON ITUNES. Click on our picture to subscribe!

HEY, WE'RE ALSO ON TWITTER! Follow us at www.twitter.com/rockonfootball OR JUST SCROLL DOWN!


CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF DOC AND TBONE? GO TO ROCKONFOOTBALL.LEXY.COM AND YOU CAN GET DAILY PODCASTS SENT TO YOUR EMAIL, OR PHONE!

NEED AN RSS FEED FOR YOUR PHONE, HERE IT IS: WWW.ROCKONFOOTBALL.PODBEAN.COM/FEED

TBONE'S GOD STUFF HAS MOVED!

For TBone's blog on living out Jesus's life to the full go to: www.tonyhoby.blogspot.com

January 17, 2011

BEARS / PACKERS WEEK - JAY CUTLER!

 “You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden."
- Matthew 5:14

     Jay Cutler had a tough week in the press.  Everyone was getting on him for not being "likable."  They sited past experiences of him not paying attention to coaches or giving the proper respect to legends from the team.  Then, they attacked how friendly he is with Bear fans, and how they haven't "connected" with him as much as they would have liked.  When asked about it, Jay said "I don't care."
     Either do I.   If Jay Cutler plays like he did on Sunday and leads us to the Super Bowl, I could care less if he's always got a smile on his face, if his interviews after the game are warm and fuzzy, if he's the hardest worker or best student of the game.  I don't know Jay Cutler.  I don't care what type of person he is.  I just like it when the Bears win.
      I guess the only problem I have is that Jay doesn't care if he's likable or about what he is protraying to others.  Sure, he has said that what he cares about is the coaches and players in that locker room.  I get that, but does he see the larger picture.  In Chicago, he has the ability to affect millions of people by what he does, how he acts and where he chooses to spend his free time. 
     I know that there are not many athletes who care how they're seen by the outside world, but I just wish they realized the platform they had.  I wish they realized they can be a light to the world....or at least their football world.  I wish they cared about letting their light shine and helping the whole world see that there is something / someone better out there.
     If Jay gets us to the Super Bowl, I'm happy.  But, deep down, I bet if you asked Jay when it's all said and done, if that was enough.  He'd probably say, "No!"  I bet when we all get to the end of our lives, we're gonna wish we'd spend a lot more time being a light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment