Photobucket
HEY, WE'RE ON ITUNES. Click on our picture to subscribe!

HEY, WE'RE ALSO ON TWITTER! Follow us at www.twitter.com/rockonfootball OR JUST SCROLL DOWN!


CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF DOC AND TBONE? GO TO ROCKONFOOTBALL.LEXY.COM AND YOU CAN GET DAILY PODCASTS SENT TO YOUR EMAIL, OR PHONE!

NEED AN RSS FEED FOR YOUR PHONE, HERE IT IS: WWW.ROCKONFOOTBALL.PODBEAN.COM/FEED

TBONE'S GOD STUFF HAS MOVED!

For TBone's blog on living out Jesus's life to the full go to: www.tonyhoby.blogspot.com

January 24, 2011

BEARS / PACKERS - THE REFLECTION!

     NOTICE: THIS POST IS STRICTLY FOR MY SENSE OF CLOSURE.  THERE WILL BE NO SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE IN HERE WHATSOEVER!

     There are certain times in your life when reflection is just natural.  Marriage, your first child, the end of the fantasy football season, and the Bears getting knocked out of the playoffs!  It's weird!  Right now I feel like I should be more down than I am.  The Bears just lost a game in which they could have won.  They were 30 yards from going to the Super Bowl.  They played horrible against their rivals in what was the biggest game in the history of Chicago.  But, I think I'm ok with it - almost relieved!
     I can finally wake up and be free to do whatever God wants.  For the last 5 months or so, every day was spent gathering more football information.  But now, I can truly just follow His lead.  That's also weird.  Football has become such a big part of my life, it seems weird to think about what I'll do with my free time now.  It's almost like I've got to rethink what I used to do before football season. 
     Sports has always been my release - that thing that keeps me balanced, keeps me excited, keeps me looking forward to doing the dishes or mowing the lawn.  But, the Bulls, the Cubs - I don't have that same amount of excitement as I did for football and the Bears. 
     It's time for Tony Melton P.F.S.  (Post Football Season).  Who is that?
     

No comments:

Post a Comment